Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Long Urun Trip

Currently in Sarawak =]

When I first touched down on the land where I was born and raised, to much of my anger, my pc is not functioning properly. I found out that my graphic card is already smashed to smithereens and keep looping on the ati2dvng.exe error. Right now, I'm suffering from an all the time lacking of virtual memory, no photoshop tool, no high performance graphic and RAM, no good, home pc.

Few days ago I was at my (dad's) kampung, where I thought it would be the worst place to spent my semester break. The last time I visited, I hated the place so much. Why?

1. No television

2. No phone reception

3. Mosquitoes

4. No computer

5. No internet lines, wifi, etc.

6. Nothing


I was 15 that time and I must say that I didn't like the environment at all. But after a night stay, I changed my thoughts immediately.

The people there, most of them are related to me, knows me for who I am. It took me a few seconds to remember who were they (i haven't met most of them for years!), I am so sorry :p

It was fun; I didn't have problems with mosquitoes though my mother was being such a nuisance when she asked me to stay in the room when I don't have anything to do (she was worried about me get bitten by the mosquitoes and get malaria and dengue) where obviously I had things then I want to do; chat with my cousins and my nieces, nephews, uncles and aunties. Not to forget the elders who stays in the kampung.

There were 2 separate wedding ceremonies, my cousins'. I was able to snapped a few pictures of the event. I've also witness my nieces performed ngajat (traditional Sarawak Dance) and they were lousy at it :)) everyone who watched the performance laughed at them and they were obviously laughing at themselves while dancing.

When I was on my way back, I was thinking to myself that if I'm gonna stay in the West and work there, I'm gonna have leave behind my wonderful family and my heritages. I'm currently a student in MMU Cyberjaya and study there for 4 years already and I must admit, I've adapted myself to their open culture. I've also speak like them, but that's not really a trouble aye? I've forgot about who I was, where were I'm from.

Most of the 4 years I spent, I didn't go to church and receive my weekly Sacrament of Eucharist. I cannot blame the distance of the church I know from my campus, because as what the priest told me last time, I must have the effort to go there. Call myself a good catholic :))))

I'll definitely gonna miss the place. It was so much fun.

Lets go back again for Gawai =P

Yours Truly,
Daniel Jangin
king of kings

edit : will post up pictures, very soon. This pc sucks.

No comments: